Business Plan

If I wanted to start an environmentally charged business right now I would look into home heating in the north east. Most of the homes in New England run their heating on oil. Oil prices are at a record high of $55 a barrel. Home heating oil is up to $2.00 a gallon. This means high costs for New Englanders this winter. Oil delivery drivers wince when someone asks them the price. On average it is figured that a household will spend an extra $500 in heating this year. So I would look into how I could easily convert home heating systems to run on bio-fuel or hydrogen power. Determine if I could undercut the price of oil. If it was possible, then I'd put a fleet together to supply communities with the non-oil dependent, renewable heating fuel.

Resource: Greenspan: Energy Prices Chilling U.S. Growth

No comments: