Gears of War

I've found Gears of War interesting graphically since i first saw it. Graphical tech has been the whole of my interest in that game. I haven't really had a desire to play it. Given the time and equiptment I probably would play it, but I really am not chomping at the bit for another first person shooter.

Then I saw this trailer. Mad World adds such a depth to the game it really turns my head. I guess because it is totally not what you'd expect. To me it implies that the developer has put thought into the game besides shoot monsters and move. It makes me feel that the game would transport me to a world where I am defending my home and my life, rather than just kicking ass for ass kicking sake. If only I could be sure that this is not the marketing department grafting their viewpoint on the game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From the reviews i've read, that trailer is indeed decieving. The story seems to be lacking. And it's basically just a shoot 'em up game with superb graphics/gameplay.

That's the way gamespot seems to put it. Though, I haven't played the game, so i may be totally wrong.