Subway in LA

I've loved trains since I worked at Disney World. I drove the monorail. Moving massive amounts of people to where they want to be, trains are great. The only thing better would be teleportation. This year I took the subway into downtown for E3. It's great. I actually had Liana drive me to her work in the valley so I could take the Orange Line to the Red Line to the Blue Line to the convention center.

I couldn't find any references to Google Earth files that showed the routes so I made one for the Red Line and one for the Orange Line.

What's really exciting is the new Expo Line. The first phase, which is breaking ground this year, will run from the edge of Culver City to the 7th St / Metro Center Station. It will pass by USC, the Expo Center, the Convention Center and the Staples Center. Officials are planning its second phase which extend it to 4th Street in Santa Monica, which is the best part for me.

No comments: